The information provided below will help guide you through this process.
Viewing our available homes:
- KEY CHECKOUT HOMES: Most of our properties are “key checkout” during business hours. We require a $20 deposit, a valid ID/Driver’s license and a phone number be provided to check out a property key. The deposit will be returned to you upon the return of the key.
- APPOINTMENT ONLY HOMES: 24-48 hours’ notice is required if the property is “appointment only”. Arrangements will be made with the current occupant (if occupied) to open the home or the Property Manager will meet with you to show the home.
Frequently asked questions:
1. Question: How can I tell when a property will be available looking online?
Answer: Each property has an “Available” date listed in the property details. This is the date the home would be made move-in ready.
2. Question: [How to apply] What is the next step if I like the home and want to submit an application?
Answer: We have an online application VIA our website
You will be able to submit your application from the property you are choosing or by clicking the “Apply Now” button to the right of the property listing you are interested in.
3. Question: How much is the application fee?
Answer: You are not charged any application fee’s. The only charge is for a background, criminal, credit and eviction report.
The background check is $40 non-refundable per applicant. Anyone over the age of 18 that will occupy the home MUST submit an application. Payment is made online VIA checking or savings account or debit/credit card. We can process this application by money order in our office if you do not have a checking or savings account, however an appointment MUST be made to do so.
4. Question: How long does the application process take and what are the steps after completing the application?
Answer: The application process can be completed within 24-48 hours provided you’ve submitted the required documentation and rental verification can be completed. Average processing time is 3-4 business days.
5. Question: What information is checked and what would be a “negative” on my credit that would deny my approval for a property?
Answer: Credit history, criminal history and eviction history are checked with our applications. Low credit score, history of late payments, prior evictions, collections, judgments, history of late utility payments, criminal history. Generally we are looking for a 600 or better credit score. Scores lower than this require other factors of consideration and may still be rent qualified. Call the property manager to find out more about your particular situation.
6. Question: What if I don’t have credit?
Answer: You are still required to submit an application. If you do not have credit established, a “guarantor”, someone that can make payment/be responsible for payment on your behalf will be required if you are applying alone. If applying with someone else, so long as they qualify for the home by credit, income, and rental history you may still be approved without a guarantor.
If a guarantor is needed this person will also need to complete the application process and pay the $40 background check.
This process is reviewed on a case by case basis. If you are employed but do not have credit established we may be able to approve you without a guarantor.
7. Question: Do I need to provide any documentation at the time of my application?
Answer: Yes, you will need to provide a copy of 2 month’s pay stubs & a copy of your drivers’ license or valid ID. You will be able to upload & submit the required documentation with the online application.
8. Question: What happens after I am approved for a property?
Answer: You will be contacted by the Property Manager for additional information and/or an appointment for completing your lease. You must sign the Lease Contract within 24 hours after approval is given in person, by telephone and/or email.
If you or any co-applicant fails to sign, we will terminate all further obligations under this Agreement.
9. Question: What is the security deposit and or pet fee and are there any additional fees associated with my lease?
Security deposit amounts are the same as the rent amount (i.e. if $800 rent/$800 security deposit*).
Pet fees start at $250 per pet and are non-refundable. This amount can be more depending on the type and breed of pet.
Other fees associated with the lease are:
Re-Key fee of $125 deducted from your security deposit at the end of the lease term
$50 Administrative Coordination fee deducted from your security deposit at the end of your lease term.
10. Question: Do you have a Military Clause in your lease agreements?
11. Question: Can I have a “Roommate(s)”?
Answer: Yes, (if the particular homeowner of your desired home has approved roommates) ALL parties on the lease are responsible for the payment regardless of tenancy. (i.e., if you have 3 roommates, 2 decide to leave/break lease or can’t pay their portion of rent you are all responsible for the payment of rent in FULL. If there is a dispute, it must be worked out between tenants. If one tenant does not pay, all parties, including guarantors, can be subject to dispossessory & collection actions and additional fees.
12. Question: Do I need “Renters Insurance”?
Answer: YES, The homeowners’ insurance will only cover the structure/property itself, not your personal belongings. In Touch Properties REQUIRE you have proof of renters insurance in place for the start date of your lease agreement before your keys are released for occupancy.
We hope you find this information helpful in the search for your next home.
Please let us know if you have additional questions.